Monday, June 16, 2008

Del.icio.us or Not Tempting?

I thoroughly explored Del.icio.us. I even created my own account and uploaded the necessary tool bar icons, which was surprisingly easy to do. Will I use it? Sure. The first task will be to set up a WishList so that all my friends and co-workers will know just what special gift to buy for my birthday!

Seriously now. I immediately thought of some great uses for Del.icio.us on my home PC--collecting recipes, genealogy data, travel plans. Will I use it at the library? I will have to experiment and weigh the pros and cons of using it versus traditional bookmarks. I do like being able to tuck my old bookmarks into categorized folders.

One advantage of Del.icio.us I see immediately is that the tags are available from any PC with Internet access, which would be useful when hopping from computer to computer in the reference department.

1 comment:

majick cat said...

ust wanted to comment on that handsome Rusty you have pictured on your page.
MEOW!!!!!
He can share my food dish anytime!!!

Majickcat